I remember the first time I went on vacation in the Caribbean, it was to Punta Cana and it was probably the most memorable if not my most favorite vacation. I remember the beautiful clean sand, the warm salty water, the beaming sun. Since then I’ve also been to the Bahamas and Bermuda. I have always heard many good things about Turks and Caicos, so I finally went.. and although I enjoyed myself… I did not love it. Would I go back there? probably not…
Do we want something more when it’s harder to get? When I first heard about the WET n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder in precious petals, I was intrigued because it was getting rave reviews. It was being compared to higher end highlighters with much higher price tags, and for the most part the consensus was that it was just as good.
Every girl needs a good tote, right? I personally love totes. I love the simplicity of a good tote bag. You can “throw” all your essentials in it without worrying about pockets, snaps, fitting it between things, etc. I was using the Longchamp Le Pliage for many years, and I absolutely love that bag. It is lightweight, classy, functional, as well as very affordable. But I wanted something a little more high-end–ie: more expensive, because who doesn’t love fancy, nice things..? I looked at many brands and although I love the style of the Louis Vuitton Neverfull, it is just a bit too ubiquitous for me… I also wanted something a little less “flashy”. My new tote bag was going to be my work bag, and I wanted something nice but understated. So when I saw the Mansur Gavriel tote bag… it seemed pretty much perfect. I ordered my bag in December 2015 after waiting for about a month for the restock.
This is a highly recommended product by one of my favorite bloggers, Kandee Johnson, the Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub. I trust her reviews and recommendations so I had very high hopes for this product. Like all things, everything is not for everyone. Something that works well for person may not for someone else. This was the case for me with the Burt’s Bees citrus facial scrub. The first time I used it, not only did it make me break out on my cheek but it also left my skin dry and irritated.
One of my favorite things is a cup of warm tea. And even better when paired with sweet and savory bites. Afternoon tea at Fortnum and Mason in London was one of my favorite memories from London and it started my quest for a place just as good in NYC.
Lady Mendl’s: I had high hopes for Lady Mendl’s because of it’s great reviews. The tea salon is situated in a brownstone building just off of Union Square with beautiful décor. I had the “Lady Mendl’s” tea which was delicious. But towards the end of the pot, the tea got cold very quickly. The food was good but nothing to rave about. The sandwiches were average. The scones were warm and scrumptious with clotted cream. I wasn’t a fan of the signature cake, and the cookies tasted store bought. I did however enjoy the chocolate covered strawberry. I wouldn’t go back for the food, but I would for the tea and the overall atmosphere. The service was friendly and attentive and I never felt rushed. So overall, I had a nice, enjoyable afternoon tea in a beautiful atmosphere.
The Palm Court: When you think of afternoon tea in NYC, the luxury hotels seem like the quintessential place, but The Palm Court inside the famed Plaza Hotel was a complete let down. Overall, the place felt very touristy, and the service reflected that. When we sat down, my friend did not have a plate, and even after the food was brought out, it was difficult to find our waiter to bring her a plate. There was no apology either for the inconvenience. The sandwiches were barely edible. They didn’t taste fresh. The scones were warm and good. I did not like the desserts, and only had a small taste of each. I did enjoy the tea. I won’t be returning here, not for the food or the atmosphere.
- Split your bubble bars in half and store them in ziplock bags. Most are big enough to last two full baths!
- With the purchase of two massage bars, you get a free tin, or you can purchase one for $3.95. A must have to keep massage bars clean and without melting everywhere.
- Fill your sink with a little bit of warm water (only about an inch), place your tin on top of the water with your massage bar inside (It will float on top of the water). This will heat up the tin and melt the bar just enough to apply onto the skin.
- I don’t recommend cutting the soaps into pieces. The smaller the piece the harder it is to hold onto in the shower. Instead, rub it on a washcloth or loofa. It creates a wonderful lather like a shower gel and won’t melt away quickly.
I used to think of flying as the scary part you have to get through to begin your vacation. But I’ve come to enjoy it as part of the vacation. My top tips to make flying as fun as possible.
1) Use a purse with a zipper. The airport can get crowded and you don’t want to make it easy for someone to reach into your purse. As you go through security, you don’t want anything falling out onto the bin as it goes through the x-ray. Also, you are required to store your bag underneath the chair in front of you on the plane, and you don’t want something unknowingly falling out.