My top 5 tips for flying
I used to think of flying as the scary part you have to get through to begin your vacation. But I’ve come to enjoy it as part of the vacation. My top tips to make flying as fun as possible.
1) Use a purse with a zipper. The airport can get crowded and you don’t want to make it easy for someone to reach into your purse. As you go through security, you don’t want anything falling out onto the bin as it goes through the x-ray. Also, you are required to store your bag underneath the chair in front of you on the plane, and you don’t want something unknowingly falling out.
2) Get a travel wallet. It’s a good idea to keep receipts to check for discrepancies when you get home. I know not all people like to do this, but if you are one of those people, getting a large travel wallet is a must-have. You can easily fit all receipts, credit cards, ID, passport, change, coupons, ticket stubs, etc in your wallet neatly. No need to stuff receipts in your purse or try to find and organize them later on
3) Charge everything to full capacity. Whether that be your iphone, e-reader, camera, laptop, etc. You never know when there might be a flight delay. Even if you have a charger with you, there may not be an outlet for you to charge your device. Boredom will make the delay seem 10X longer.
4) Download new songs. New music is always a delight. Many airlines now have internet access (but most aren’t free)
5) Always carry a sweater and never wear shorts. It could be 100 degrees outside, but it can get very cold on a plane. You’ll be glad you brought a comfy sweater when the chill hits.